If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
or write to:
Northwoods Credit Union
1702 Ave. B
Cloquet, MN 55720
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, and mortgage service companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, and government agencies
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the Credit Union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to non-affiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your belahf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Northwoods Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
Northwoods Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidlines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us — we are here to serve you!
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice
The HMDA data about our residential mortgage lending are available for review. The data show geographic distribution of loans and applications; ethnicity, race, sex, and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials. To recieve a copy of these data send a written request to:
Northwoods Credit Union
1702 Avenue B
Cloquet MN 55720
Learn more about our
Loyalty Choice Rewards Checking
Get rewarded for what you’re probably already doing!
Apply 24/7 via the link below.
Make the move to
Start the process today by downloading our switch kit.