Northwoods credit union is looking for a Mortgage Loan Originator.
Northwoods Credit Union (NCU) core values are SPICE. SPICE stands for Servant
Mentality, Progressive Thinking, Integrity, Compassion, and Empathy are of supreme importance for us. If you share these values, we encourage you to apply.
The purpose of this position is to originate first and second mortgages and answering inquiries regarding available programs. Conduct initial underwriting, to determine if a loan is approvable and to determine what documentation is required. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with local realtors, appraisers and title companies for real estate loans. Keep up to date of NCU loan products and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
1) Uphold the credit unions Mission, Vision, and Values.
2) Maintain a high level of member service communicating professionally, verbally and in writing, with members, vendors, attorneys, realtors, insurance agents and title companies.
3) Work with and counsel members on loan products such as Conventional,
FHA, USDA and Home Equity to see what loan product is the best fit.
4) Gather and analyze members financial documentation, credit and assets to determine loan eligibility.
5) Conduct initial underwriting and make a recommended decision on approval or denial.
6) Keep up to date on the credit unions loan products and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
7) Become familiar with all NCU’s products and cross sell and services and
NCU’s general operations.
8) Drive a company vehicle (car and/or van) as requested.
9) Represent the credit union in the community in a professional manner.
10) Work closely with team members in a professional manner.
11) Perform other delegated duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
Preferred 2+ years of mortgage experience
Must possess or be willing to obtain a Mortgage Loan Originators registration number.
Position requires the ability to work flexible hours and to travel between all our facilities as needed.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and other commonly used office software.
- Ability to gain a good working knowledge of NCU’s Core Share and Loan
System (FISERV Portico), Accounting System (FISERV Wisdom), Calyx and MRG (Mortgage System) to perform self-initiated inquiries and research.
- Knowledgeable about laws and regulations in all aspects of lending and mortgages.
- A sighted person to read and interpret various data.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members, clients and vendors.
- Ability to perform necessary computer-related input.
- Limited mobility required. Requires being able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Driver’s License: Must poses a valid driver license with no restrictions other than vision correction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to assess needs of internal clients and external vendors and prioritize requests to ensure providing the highest quality service.
- Ability to communicate and interact in a professional and personable manner with employees, co-workers, vendors and members of the credit union.
- Ability to handle record keeping requirements and to keep personal work organized, updated, and accurate.
- Ability to possess the mental concentration and resourcefulness necessary to successfully resolve problems and conflicts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential data.
Job Types: Full Time, Hourly with incentives
Benefits: High Deductible Health Insurance
Health Savings Account
Health Reimbursement Account
11 Paid Holidays
Mission, Vision & SPICE
To be the trusted financial partner for our members.
Building life-long relationships, one member at a time.
Servant Mentality – Progressive Thinking
Integrity – Compassion – Empathy
Northwoods Credit Union Core Values
Core Values define what is important to an individual or an organization. For Northwoods Credit Union (NCU) that means that Servant Mentality, Progressive Thinking, Integrity, Compassion, and Empathy are of supreme importance for us.
Believing in and following these values drives us here at NCU and is instrumental in our approach to everything. These values ensure we are member-focused and reflect what our members expect of us and their credit union. It shapes how we interact internally and externally, how and who we hire, everything.
- Matching 401(k) Plan: Pre-tax and Roth savings with self-directed investment options; employer matching after one year of employment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays: 10 per year
- Health Care: Medical and dental coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible Spending Arrangement and Health Savings Account: Allows participants to set aside money through payroll deduction on a pretax basis to an annual IRS limit.
- Employee Bonus Program: Cash bonus when the company meets its service and financial objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Northwoods Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer and will strive not to discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have filled in the application.
Learn more about our
Loyalty Choice Rewards Checking
Get rewarded for what you’re probably already doing!
Apply 24/7 via the link below.
Make the move to
Start the process today by downloading our switch kit.