Mortgage Loan Originator
Northwoods Credit Union (NCU) core values are SPICE. SPICE stands for Servant Mentality, Progressive Thinking, Integrity, Compassion, and Empathy are of supreme importance for us. If you share these values, we encourage you to apply.
The purpose of this position is to originate first and second mortgages and answering inquiries regarding available programs. Conduct initial underwriting, to determine if a loan is approvable and to determine what documentation is required. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with local realtors, appraisers and title companies for real estate loans. Keep up to date of NCU loan products and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations. Originator will work out of our Moose Lake office.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
1) Uphold the credit unions Mission, Vision, and Values.
2) Maintain a high level of member service communicating professionally, verbally and in writing, with members, vendors, attorneys, realtors, insurance agents and title companies.
3) Work with and counsel members on loan products such as Conventional, FHA, USDA and Home Equity to see what loan product is the best fit.
4) Gather and analyze members financial documentation, credit and assets to determine loan eligibility.
5) Conduct initial underwriting and make a recommended decision on approval or denial.
6) Keep up to date on the credit unions loan products and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
7) Become familiar with all NCU’s products and cross sell and services and NCU’s general operations.
8) Drive a company vehicle (car and/or van) as requested.
9) Represent the credit union in the community in a professional manner.
10) Work closely with team members in a professional manner.
11) Perform other delegated duties as assigned.
Applications accepted through April 3, 2020.
Please keep scrolling for the Employment Application.
Mission, Vision & SPICE
To be the trusted financial partner for our members.
Building life-long relationships, one member at a time.
Servant Mentality – Progressive Thinking
Integrity – Compassion – Empathy
Northwoods Credit Union Core Values
Core Values define what is important to an individual or an organization. For Northwoods Credit Union (NCU) that means that Servant Mentality, Progressive Thinking, Integrity, Compassion, and Empathy are of supreme importance for us.
Believing in and following these values drives us here at NCU and is instrumental in our approach to everything. These values ensure we are member-focused and reflect what our members expect of us and their credit union. It shapes how we interact internally and externally, how and who we hire, everything.
- Matching 401(k) Plan: Pre-tax and Roth savings with self-directed investment options; employer matching after one year of employment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays: 10 per year
- Health Care: Medical and dental coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible Spending Arrangement and Health Savings Account: Allows participants to set aside money through payroll deduction on a pretax basis to an annual IRS limit.
- Employee Bonus Program: Cash bonus when the company meets its service and financial objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Northwoods Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer and will strive not to discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have filled in the application.
Learn more about our
Loyalty Choice Rewards Checking
Get rewarded for what you’re probably already doing!
Apply 24/7 via the link below.
Make the move to
Start the process today by downloading our switch kit.